Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jack Knife Plug and Snow Delays


I got sucked into the hysterical fervor surrounding the release of GL Pease's latest effort- Jack Knife Plug. On Smokers Forums the excitement was building as the release date drew near and then suddenly a post came through announcing Smokingpipes.com had just received their shipment. I acted fast and ordered 2 tins. I was one of the lucky ones, I had reacted quick enough as word came that the shipment had sold out in minutes. I even ordered a special cutter for the plug that another member of the Forums recommended. Everything was going great ... until last night when I received this notice from UPS-

Exception Reason:ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
Exception Resolution:THE MOVEMENT OF THE PACKAGE WILL RESUME AS SOON AS THE WEATHER CONDITIONS ALLOW (RESOLUTION)
Bummer! I had been enjoying the snow and now it had become a wet blanket on my good times. Now the waiting begins. I will undoubtedly check UPS tracking # a jillion times a day until the snow melts. The funny thing is, I will probably enjoy this burning anticipation as much as I do the new tobacco. We'll see. -T


1 comment:

Brad M said...

Totally with you on that. The anticipation is easily the best part. I heard once that Winnie the Pooh said, "There is a wonderful moment when you can eat an entire jar of honey. But there is a moment, just before that, which is even better." Great post, enjoy that snow!