Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jack Knife Plug and Snow Delays


I got sucked into the hysterical fervor surrounding the release of GL Pease's latest effort- Jack Knife Plug. On Smokers Forums the excitement was building as the release date drew near and then suddenly a post came through announcing Smokingpipes.com had just received their shipment. I acted fast and ordered 2 tins. I was one of the lucky ones, I had reacted quick enough as word came that the shipment had sold out in minutes. I even ordered a special cutter for the plug that another member of the Forums recommended. Everything was going great ... until last night when I received this notice from UPS-

Exception Reason:ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
Exception Resolution:THE MOVEMENT OF THE PACKAGE WILL RESUME AS SOON AS THE WEATHER CONDITIONS ALLOW (RESOLUTION)
Bummer! I had been enjoying the snow and now it had become a wet blanket on my good times. Now the waiting begins. I will undoubtedly check UPS tracking # a jillion times a day until the snow melts. The funny thing is, I will probably enjoy this burning anticipation as much as I do the new tobacco. We'll see. -T


2 comments:

Bradley W. Maston said...

Totally with you on that. The anticipation is easily the best part. I heard once that Winnie the Pooh said, "There is a wonderful moment when you can eat an entire jar of honey. But there is a moment, just before that, which is even better." Great post, enjoy that snow!

ovolifts said...

Nice post.Thank you for sharing helpful information.
Plant operators face known and unknown risks concerning asset integrity, especially at the touch points. Ovolifts unique and patented technology allows access to multiple touch points whilst the line is in-service. Corrosion Under Pipe Support