Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chicago 2010!


Christmas is over, The New Year has begun and this means it's time to turn our thoughts to the Chicago Pipe Show coming up at the beginning of May. I for one, start thinking about the pipe show before Christmas ... ok ... really, I start planning for it on the drive back home from the pipe show. It's the one time of the year that I get a chance to see all my pipe buddies from all over the world and see thousands of amazing pipes. If you've never been, you can't imagine how much fun it is. Every pipe enthusiast should make the pilgrimage at least once. You owe it to yourself.
I recently got an email from my German friend and pipemaker, Heiner Nonnenbroich. He is coming for the 1st time. He's planned the trip in years past, but it never worked out. But this year he has his plane tickets and has made his hotel reservations, so I think he's really coming. Also from Germany, Wolfgang and Gitta Becker are planning on being there again this year. I'm always happy to get a chance to visit with them! Collector and Pipeman extraordinaire, Neill Roan is coming as is David Wagner of baff? pipes. Besides Mark and me, that's all the confirmations I have. Hopefully I'll hear from others in the coming weeks. I'll pass the info on when I get it.
Our reservations are made and I'm saving my pennies and counting down the days! -T
pictured above are the Moran brothers, Tom and Kevin from California and of course Cousin #1, Mark. This was taken at last year's show in the huge smoking tent.

No comments: