Thursday, February 21, 2008

Deptford Pipe Cabinet



I'm finishing up Robertson Davies' The Deptford Trilogy (for the 2nd time. That's the great thing about getting old, everything I love is new to me because I can't remember anything!). I think reading these books has influenced this pipe cabinet. It's grand and slightly shabby, stately in a old and forgotten sort of way, dour and exultant ... ok, it's just a pipe rack and I get carried away sometimes. It's a by-product of spending so much time alone in the studio. Anyway, I think this cabinet would fit well in Dunstan Ramsey's (the main character in the trilogy) world. -T
Holds 12 pipes in felt comfort 
(green or black)
Plenty of storage room- secret compartment on top and a roomy drawer below
30.5"T x 17.5"W x 11"D
$395 (Available)

No comments: