Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Custom Barrister


I recently made this cabinet for a customer in Pennsylvania that wanted a custom color on one of the racks in our catalog. I made a finish sample and sent it to him for approval. He was happy w/ the sample and seems pretty dang happy w/ the pipe rack. He didn't want me to use his name ( we won't speculate as to a reason) here but said I could refer to him as a "satisfied customer". That got me thinking about "customer". How does that relate to "custom"? I am no wordsmith and don't really do the whole dictionary thing, but I can say this; custom orders are a great opportunity for us to get to know our "CUSTOMers". The orders usually take several weeks and there is lots of back and forth, trying to get the details worked out. By the time the pipe rack is delivered the new owner has a real feeling of participation in the process and I feel like I have made a new friend.
Call us w/ your special request. Maybe we can help and have some fun at the same time. -M

No comments: