Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Death of a Table Saw


I was working away yesterday, cutting wood when the surge protector tripped and my saw and fan quit working. I reset the protector and the fan started working, but not my table saw. Up until that moment, I loved this table saw. It's a portable Rigid and it does (or did) everything I need a saw to do. I bought it less than a year ago and it hasn't had a hard life. Now I have to see just how good the "Lifetime Warranty" is. -T
7/9 - Turns out "Lifetime Warranty" means Lifetime Warrany. There is a service center 2 miles from my house and they say I'll have my saw back in a week to 10 days. Pretty cool. I would have preferred it back sooner, or even better that it hadn't quit working at all, but I guess this will do.-T
7/19 Part on order- still waiting ....
8/31 Part on back order (so they say)- still waiting ....

No comments: