Sunday, May 1, 2011

Waiting for David Enrique


OK- not really David Enrique. I'm waiting on a pair of canadians that I commissioned a while back. They are winging their way here as I type. Pipes from David are starting to be a part of my yearly Chicago tradition. I had a new lovat to take with me last year and hopefully the canadians will make the trip this year. I also hope I can convince David to make the trip one year.
The canadians were something of a surprise. I had intended for David to make a set similar to a pair he made back in 2008. I've been admiring those pipes on his website for a while. In the mean time, David had read Neill Roan's blog about the Comoy 309 canadian and as he said in an email "When I saw this pipe, I decided that I should make a pipe of this elegant shape !". Well I couldn't argue w/ the results. Now I'm waiting and looking longingly out the window (even though it's Sunday) at the mailbox. Any day now I'm sure. -T

Beautiful photo above taken by David Enrique

No comments: